Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Wonderful Evening.

I decided since I got some extra cash I would take Little Miss Samantha out to get a hamburger that she has been wanting for days. So the family went to Red Robins in Fayetteville. I had never been there and it was a nice place, the waitress was lovely and the food was great. Since I am on the Atkins in the Induction Phase, I researched what they had on their menu before we went to get an idea before hand as to what I can actually eat safely. Their website had a customized thing that allowed you to pick and choose what you wanted on your meal and then with a push of a little Nutrition thing, I saw how many carbs were going to be in what I was going to order. It was AWESOME. I knew what I wanted and didn't even need to look at the menu. Sam LOVED her hamburger, but I won't be ordering her fries in the future~ the little weirdo doesn't care for them. LOL.  I had the Simply Grilled Chicken Salad without the croutons and bread with balsamic vinagrette on the side and an extra chicken breast. It was really good. I dipped my fork in the dressing in order to save on the carbs. I ordered an unsweet tea, but was brought a sweet tea, took a sip and I had a funny feeling because of the sugar in it that I hadnt had in like 4 days. The unsweet tea with a little sweet-n-low tasted better (which shocked me!) than the sweet tea and I LOVE me some sweet tea.
  Went to Target after dinner to see what they had on their ranks in the front of the store, you know, the ones with the $1 or so stuff. I got a pair of really cute Valentine's day socks for Sam and a pink lion for Payton that I think looks more like an orangatan. I looked at their bathroom stuff to see if I found anything I liked that would match our brown towels. They are soft and huge, but I dont like them. I found a few different ones~ brown and cream striped towels and brown and blueish striped color towels. Sam also picked out her 2 Minnie Mouse books. She loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Payton slept most of the time.
  Next we went to Walmart to pick up a few things fo my diet. I needed more sugar free Jello and was going to try the Atkins products like these bars similar to Snickers, which I am going to put in the freezer, and the vanilla shakes. I also got some more sugar free tea. Totally forgot my Crystal Light, but I'll live. I also got some deli meat~ peppered turkey breast (YUM!), roast beef and chicken breast as well as some provolone. Sam did so well eating her hamburger at dinner, she got a chocolate cupcake with blue frosting. It stained her face and hands. Then off to bed she went.
   Shes been on antibiotics since Monday for a presumed strep throat :(. That was a fun morning. ER at 630am on Monday. Just glad it was'nt something terrible like a sprained neck or pinched nerve. Poor baby. So far she has been doing good. Payton has a runny nose today, thinking it's teething. Or at least hoping that is what it is.
Well that was my evening. Hope everyones out in internet land was as wonderful. Getting some snow tomorrow so pictures of the girls in the snow will be coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. I think Im going to look up some low carb stuff and sart a low carb diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol atkins.com has loads of info.

    ReplyDelete