Friday, February 18, 2011

Menu Planning Day

I have created a menu card basket and every Friday I will pull 7 strips of paper that will have dinners on them. I have included restaurants as well. I am hoping to make my dinner planning simplier as well as my grocery shopping. From these cards I will make my grocery list.

Menu for this week
Sunday: Smothered pork chops w/mashed taters and bacon green beans
Monday: Simple creamy chicken risotto
Tuesday: Asian chicken tenders w/ rice and stir fry veggies
Wednesday:Spicy pepper steak
Thursday: Easy Italian chicken w/ pasta & zucchini
Friday: Pan-sauteed chicken w/ vegetables
Saturday: Oven baked chicken w/ roasted taters & veggies

A lot of chicken this week, thanks to my little Samantha who picked the cards.  Well see how well it goes over. This menu can make it easy for me to sub in extra veggies for myself where there is high carb foods.  I will eat an extra portion of the veggie or a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment