Monday, February 21, 2011

Reviews on recipes that we liked from the menu planning.

 I will post the ones that we actually like and the ones that arent any good in our opinion. I havent kept to the actually days that the recipes fall on, sooo...
    We have had the Simple Creamy Chicken Risotto.
    It was pretty good. I got the recipe from http://www.campbellskitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=25032&ref=%2fSearchRecipesResult.aspx%3ffilter%3d%26q%3dsimple%2bcreamy%26fbid%3d3Bk9wW3zWCT&fbid=3Bk9wW3zWCT.  It is simple to make and really good. My husband and I actually didn't eat it (tasted it) because Spencer treated me to a date night. But the girls loved it.
   I made the Spicy Pepper Steak and I am not that fond of it. The hoisin sauce had too much of something that stuck out and over powered everything. I threw the recipe card and strip of paper away. I couldn't even eat it thats how bad I thought it was. If you want the recipe you can retrieve it from http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/spicy-pepper-steak/6da5156f-e57b-4b44-808c-48e41c3c9e12.
  Tomorrow we are having Pan-seared chicken with veggies  Oven baked chicken w/ roasted taters and veggie. I dont remember where I got the recipe so I will post it if it is any good.

Recipe for Oven Baked Chicken
1tbsp butter
2/3 c Bisquick mix
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 cut-up whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lbs)
Preheat oven: 425*
Melt butter in a baking dish in the oven. Stir together Bisquick, paprika, salt, & pepper in a bowl. Coat chicken. Place chicken skin down in the dish. Bake for 35 mins, turn chicken. Bake for 15 more mins or until chicken is down.

Pan-seared Chicken with Vegetables
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
2 tbsp all purpose flour
4 bone in chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil
2 small red onions, cut into quarters
8 oz fresh baby carrots (about 16)
1 lb new potatoes, cut into quarters
1 1/2 c chicken stock
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
chopped fresh thyme leaves

Preheat oven: 350*
Stir together black pepper, paprika, & flour on a plate. Coat the chicken w/ flour mixture. Cook chicken in oil until well browned. Remove. Add potatoes & onions, cook 5 mins. Add carrots, stock, lemon juice, & oregano, bring to a boil. Transfer to a baking dish and cover. Cook for 20 mins. Uncover and cook for 15 mins or until chicken is done and veggies are tender. Sprinkle with thyme.

Ok, now to the review of this dish. Evidently its good or it wouldnt be here. I used thighs instead of the breast because I didnt have the breasts like I thought. I used white onion, 1 large one was plenty. I also used russet potatoes because I didnt have the new, 3 were plenty. I also used broth. I didnt have the fresh herbs, only had the ground oregano and I didnt use the dried thyme leaves. I thought the lemon juice was a bit much and will be omitting it from the recipe the next time I make this.

Asian chicken tenders


Retrieved from http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/asian-chicken-tenders-with-zesty-lemon-sauce/bc0b635b-584a-4d0e-8a03-23f93b92433b. I just omitted the lemon from the sauce. :)

Easy Italian Chicken receipe is just like my low carb chicken Parm one. so not much to say about that.
:) Happy eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment